Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some friends told me the beehive didn't show up so I've tried again. Thanks for the feedback; I haven't gotten to the studio yet but it's on the agenda for the weekend. Along with kids, laundry, cooking, gym, and possibly another extended foray into the countryside (more on this later). And of course a million other projects (cleaning out the storage room, organizing the office, work?!) which may or may not happen first. I suppose it will depend on the weather (can you tell I'm jonesin' for sunshine?) 


Which makes me think it's time to go shopping for a kid seat to go on the back of my bike for Joji. We do have the bike trailer, but frankly I don't think he'd take kindly to being stuck in there without company, (not to mention sit still long enough to be buckled in to the harness!) and anyway it's not safe (or practical) here in the city. In Berkeley we used it instead of another car, taking Lia to school and truckin' groceries all over town, but Thessaloniki is another place entirely. Between the double-parked cars and the crazy drivers I don't think I'd even make it off the sidewalk in front of the house... Anyway, I'm desperate to go for a ride and the walkway that runs the length of the waterfront is closed for the foreseeable future while they refurbish it and turn it into a showcase waterfront park. (This will probably finish just in time to be torn down again when --and if-- the undersea tunnel starts construction!) So that leaves the countryside, with its miles and miles of unpaved roads (and crazy dogs and tractors!). Hopefully my tires are still good for dirt. 



Speaking of trailers, we put a hitch on the back of the Toyota last month. Hopefully this will make camping a little more feasible - we've now acquired enough stuff that each summer the choice comes down to 'kids or bedding' when we pack the car. (All you guys who've seen us at Sani know what I mean!). Also it will come in handy for moving olive oil and farm stuff back and forth. Now all we need is the trailer - anyone for a motor home?!


Well my coffee is finished and my children are stirring, so it's time to get moving this morning. We'll see how much gets done today - keep your fingers crossed for sunshine!

No comments: