Tuesday, January 15, 2008




So I woke up this morning with the idea that maybe having a blog would help me finally write down all the stuff that spins around in my head - and maybe actually get rid of some of the guilt for not writing any letters! Not sure how long - or how often - this will last, but I suppose it's worth a try. 

What's new? here in Thessaloniki the sun finally came out yesterday (maybe that has something to do with my urge to communicate) and it no longer felt like Berkeley in June. Of course, after checking the forecast and finding rain on the horizon, I suppose it's "too early to be happy". The cold weather is great for cooking, though, and I actually made a really great dish last night - pork with leeks. (Yup, even though I don't eat meat I do cook it.) And the farmer's market is brimming with great cold-weather veggies (hurray for broccoli!) so I may even get Lia to eat turnips this week!

Have been looking back at my drawings from last fall and finally got the itch to get back to the studio. Perhaps the monoprints can be pushed a little further - and then there are the word projects that I have been turning over in my mind for 3 months now. More on this soon. Meanwhile - check out the insects...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the blogosphere my friend!
I love the prints. I didn't have the chance to check out your work at the hotel over the summer. You're a fantastic artist!!
I love pork with leeks. The first time that I tried that dish was about a month ago at MIL's. I haven't tried it at home yet since I would probably be the only one eating it.
See you in the AM for a cup of joe!!

Unknown said...

Terrific prints. Hope you'll rotate new ones into the blog, or add more.

xxoo mama

PS I thought blogs were loggy bogs where writers revealed all they didn't want their mamas and daughters to know.

What's up?

Aris Petra said...

every initiative towards 'sunnier' human relations is welcome. us humans need work when it comes to communicatio. modern city life does not permit us to get together often and share our thoughts & ideas, therefore we electronicaly compensate for this lack of personal interaction. the site flows in an aura of peace & unity. i m in..

Anabiosis said...

Lia in dreds?

She's a fine phtographer, btw. Takes after her mama in the arts department, yeah?

We love and miss all of you!

Susie and Miles